Do you know the benefits of rapeseed oil?
It really is a fabulous cooking oil
As regular readers will know I really do love to cook. Healthy and tasty food is important to me and making sure that I have good fats in my diet is part of that.
Rapeseed oil is increasingly popular.
Let me tell you about 10 benefits of rapeseed oil and why it should be in all our store cupboards.
- It is a really versatile oil that can be used in so many different ways an be used in many different ways, from dressings and dips to roasting and frying. Do you know you can even use it to replace butter in a jacket potato. How cool is that!
- It also has a high smoke point, so it won’t burn when heated to high temperatures which is brilliant news for cooks.
- It is non greasy, light and flavourless so it really lets the flavours of the food you are cooking shine through.
- You can get flavoured varieties
- It is competitively priced compared to other quality oils
- Rapeseed oil is also a rich source of vitamin E (which acts as an antioxidant in the body)
- Rapeseed oil contains less saturated fat than all other cooking oils and fats – 50% less than olive oil – wow!
- It is high in unsaturated fats. Using unsaturated fats can help normalise cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease.
- It s the only commonly used culinary oil that can be widely found both grown and bottled here in the UK. Other vegetable oils are primarily imported.
- Rapeseed oil is widely available in both cold pressed and refined forms