Over on Pinterest there are the most beautiful interiors inspired boards and I regularly take my inspiration from them. I have recently been introduced the the rather fabulous Network VEKA and on perusing their STUNNING Network VEKA Pinterest boards I found this one .. A touch of glass.
It is full of beautiful images around the theme of bringing more glass into your home.
I think glass really can make home sparkle and open it up. Here are my top 5 tips on using glass in your home.
- Keep it clean, glass is beautiful but dirty class is quite depressing. Keep it sparkly clean doesn’t take long and is well worth the effort.
- Think outside the box and consider glass shelving, drawer knobs and coffee tables not just windows and doors, to let the light shine in.
- If you overdress glass you can obscure it so keep window dressings to a minimum and aim for clutter free
- Consider stained or decorative glass for a really sumptuous effect that can add beautiful detail to your windows and doors.
- Don’t be afraid of colour, glass can look amazing in jewelled colours and it can add a whole other dimension to the light shining through. My grandparents had a multicoloured glass door and as a child I would sit for hours looking at the beautiful coloured light that shone through and danced on their hardwood floors. it was like a rainbow.
I do urge you to check out Network VEKA Pinterest boards and give them a follow. They are inspiring!
About Network VEKA
Network VEKA is a rather fabulous organisation and well worth knowing about if you are considering UPVC windows, doors or conservatories