10 brilliant things to do in Suffolk – lets take a look
Suffolk is such a beautiful area and it is such a treat to holiday there. I am so excite to share with you some of the wonderful things you can do whilst holidaying in Suffolk.
I loved living in Hollywood – and the weather there was just fantastic – but there is something about rural England, and especially Suffolk and Norfolk, that pulls at my heartstrings. – Author: Amanda Donohoe
10 brilliant things to do in Suffolk
- There are some amazing self catering cottages to hire in Suffolk. Oh I love to self cater it juts takes away so much expense and pressure – it make s your holiday like a home away form home doesn’t it. Do check out Suffolk Secrets for the finest choice of holiday cottages in the Suffolk area..there really is something for everyone. The website also has a brilliant events feature that is constantly updated. It tells you what’s on in Suffolk though every month of the year which is very informative – do take a peek.
- Suffolk is an amazing place to take your dog on holiday.. With walks and restaurants and accommodation all geared up for dogs as well dog friendly beaches and special dog day events it really is the perfect place to visit with your pet (one of the really useful things about holidaying in the UK)
- Kentwell hall is a fabulous place to visit it has special historical re-enactments in the gorgeous garden surrounding this Tudor hall and lot of other special events. This month, it is scaresville and halloweenies !
- Christchurch park in Ipswich Christchurch Park is a 70-acres of lawns, wooded areas, and central Ipswich, Suffolk, England. It contains Christchurch Mansion which holds a public museum and art gallery their are ponds and lakes and monuments and events and lots of wildlife activities for the children too.
- Felixstowe seaside gardens are simply not to be missed. They are beautiful gardens with seating and fishponds, bandstands and an abundance of flowers, all leading down to the seafront. The perfect place for a bag of chips!
- Framllingham castle is a stunning castle steeped in history. It was here Mary Tudor was proclaimed Queen of England and the castle actual dates back to 1086. You can walk the castle walls and there are lots of fun and interactive exhibits to really engage the kids.
- Pleasurewood Hills theme park is just 10 minutes from Yarmouth and set in acres of coastal parkland Pleasurewood Hills is a traditional and exciting family theme park with roller coasters and log flumes, shows and lots of great places to eat.It all makes for a fabulous day out that the kids especially will love.
- Go Ape in Thetford Forest is a really fun and challenging ropes course that children and adults alike can enjoy. Walking through the trees is just breathtaking and undertaking the course is so character building. This will be a really adventurous day out.
- The Mid-Suffolk Light Railway also know as The Middy has a vintage steam train runs along a small stretch of railway in Mid Suffolk. Great fun and a lovely piece of history
- Woodbridge Tide Mill – this is a working mill with an 800 year old history and it STILL uses the tides to mill the flours. Staffed by volunteers this living museum is a way to show children life of a bygone era and it is fascinating!
Things to do in Suffolk – final thoughts
So you can see there is just so much to do in Suffolk and this is just a tiny selection of possible places to visit and things to do. Suffolk is beautiful, vibrant, exiting, historic, scenic, coastal and steeped in farming and countryside and castles.There are fabulous beaches, wonderful piers, walks, lanes, villages and bustling towns. Suffolk has it all. Have you been on a trip to Suffolk and explored?
A place well worthy of a visit.
Suffolk has something more than the coziness of Kent and Surrey. There is a hint of wildness in its tamed beauty, and the tang of the North Sea is never far away. – Author: Patricia Moyes
10 brilliant things to do in Suffolk is a collaborative post