Ways to Keep Your Home Warm on a Budget
Are you looking for ways to keep your home warm on a budget?
I hate feeling cold. I have been know to type in fingerless gloves and a bobble hat in order to keep warm. Heating bills can be huge but they really don’t need to be . Thought and creativity are required to banish the bills and the cold! It is not too hard to heat your home on a budget. In fact their are some super simple changes you can make, most of them require nothing more than a little thought
- Have a hot water bottle and pop it in your bed for 10 minutes before you go. My daughter has one and loves to give it a cuddle and I am sure it helps her drop off more quickly too.
- Keep doors shut. This simple act can make a HUGE difference and I mean internal as well as external doors.
- Use draught excluders and insulating tape wherever the need arises. Making your own draught excluder can be great fun and an old pair of wooly tights will do.
- Drink lots of hot tea and eat warming soups
- Cuddle each other
- Use blankets and throws when reading or watching TV rather than the fire
- Manage your radiator use and watch the temperatures you set them to! I always get a bit lost in heating and other appliance terminology ..do you? In my opinion the most supportive radiator valves for a lay man is thermostatic radiator valves.
- Wear warm socks in bed and round the house
- Layered clothes help a lot so invest in a vest
- Go out for an invigorating walk in the cold. It will warm you inside and make you appreciate the warmth of you home when you come back just so much!
I do hope these tips on how to keep your home warm on a budget have been useful
pls see my disclosure policy