Today – 10 top Spring Cleaning tips
Top Spring Cleaning tips
I am loving these 10 top Spring cleaning tips from the carpet cleaning specialists at BISSELL
It’s nearly spring and that can only mean one thing – it’s almost time to open the windows, get everyone out of the house and pay some attention to those areas of the home that are the hardest hit during winter – A.K.A your carpets. Yes, it’s time for the annual Spring Clean.
According to the homecare experts at BISSELL, even the best vacuums simply can’t reach the deeply embedded dirt within your carpet’s fibres. The process of carpet cleaning – engineered to reach the dirt and dust mite matter left behind by vacuuming – is just as easy and can be done in around the same amount of time, with much higher quality results.
To help you make the best of your Spring Clean, Bissell have developed ten top tips to get your house sparkling clean from top to bottom.
10 Tips for Spring Cleaning
- Get rid of the clutter. Doing one big clear out of toys, magazines and everyday bits and pieces to clear carpets and surfaces will be a lot easier than trying to clean around family life.
- Vacuum, pre-treat badly stained areas and then deep clean your carpets and rugs. A carpet washing machine injects a mixture of cleaning solution and warm water deep into carpet fibres. The brushes agitate, scrub and loosen the dirt or stain and then the powerful vacuum suction lifts it all away, leaving your home feeling and smelling fresh.
- Clean the Oven. Argghhh the job we all dread but it has to be done. So get cracking with that while you’re feeling motivated and get it out of the way ( or get someone in!)
- Wash the washing machine.They can tend to build mould over time, so to make sure yours is spotless run an empty load, one cycle filled with 4 cups of bleach, the other with 4 cups of distilled white vinegar should do the trick!
- Strip covers off cushions and sofas where possible, then load them into the washing machine, checking care labels to ensure you use the right settings. All 0f a sudden, you have sparkling clean sofas.
- Don’t forget the bed sheets. You’ll probably be washing these already, but you can use it as an opportunity to vacuum your mattress too. They are a haven for dust mites which can wreak havoc for people who suffer from allergies.
- Let in more light. Cleaning the blinds can seem like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be. Simply mix equal parts of warm water and distilled white vinegar in a bowl. Try slipping a sock on your hand and dip the sock into the water and vinegar mixture before wiping each slat individually.
- Bust those dastardly dust mites by giving the house a thorough dusting from high to low. Start with the ceilings, corners of walls and light fixtures. Use a lint roller to easily clean dust off lampshades and other soft furnishings.
- Your Spring Clean is the perfect time to to check batteries in smoke and fire alarms around the house. To be safe you could even inspect light fixtures for damaged wires and faulty connections. Safety always comes first!
- Impression marks left on carpets by furniture can be easily remedied. Simply rub an ice cube over the affected area and your carpet will be back to normal in no time.Isn’t that amazing!
I hope you have found these top Spring Cleaning tips to be useful. You might also like my posts on the secret to Spring Cleaning
Top spring cleaning tips is a collaborative post