Today – 15 inexpensive ways to increase your property value
Inexpensive ways to increase your property value – top tips
Are you looking for inexpensive ways to increase your property value? Well if you are then looking no further I have some cheap and easy ways for you to boost your property value right here.
When it comes to the value of your property there really are a lot of impacting factors.
Local schools and facilities really affect the value of property in an area and these are not things under your control. The state of your road and your neighbour’s house will also affect house process and this is not something you can impact. The housing market is also sadly out of your control and really can determine house value in so many ways.
Does this all sound a bit doom and gloom – this list of what you can’t do in relation to impacting the value of your property?
Don’t worry there is still a number of things you CAN do to increase your property value – without having to spend a fortune too. There is an awful lot you can control and that will boost your home value inexpensively and simply.
What to do first when trying to increase your property value
I would suggest you begin looking to increase the value of your home by looking at the current value in your home. A really speedy way of doing this is to use this simple equity release tool to see if your home has gone up in value since you bought it and assess it’s current worth. It is so easy to use, you simply pop in your postcode. There you go a super simple first step.,
Once you are armed with this information you can now set to work implementing these cheap ways to increase your property value. Are you ready to begin having a go with these inexpensive ways to increase your property value
Simple and inexpensive ways to increase your property value
- Make sure your door looks great, is super clean, has a working doorbell, a clear house number and shiny letterbox. Give it a quick paint refresh if needed – this is a buyers FIRST impression. Recent research has shown that actually naming your house can hugely increase its value. Just make sure you check with the council that your name is unique and also make sure you tell the Royal Mail. It can be so much fun to name a house and one of the most inexpensive ways to increase your property value
- Create parking space if at all possible. This can be such a valuable asset to your home. Maybe you could have the council drop the kerb outside your home so the front garden could be used for parking. This costs from £600-£100 but may well be worthwhile investing in if parking is in short supply near you. Never underestimate parking requirements – they can literally make or break a house sale.
- Increasing kerb appeal means mending/painting/varnishing your front fences, mowing your front lawn, hanging a basket or two and maybe arranging a few flowery and pretty window boxes. A nice looking home is really appealing and they are the most impactful thing a potential buyer sees.
- Inside you want to maximise space as much a possible so potential buyers feel they are getting a lot for their money and one great way to do this is to have a huge declutter. This makes life easier when you do move too. Just think of all the time you will save packing and unpacking if you have decluttered first. Plus you could make yourself the money you need to do the work you want form selling the items you declutter on Gumtree, Facebook selling pages or through a car boot sale. It is a win-win!
- You could so consider moving out some furniture whilst your house is up for sale so your space is fully maximised, do you know someone with a spare garage to make this option free?
- Making your home as light possible increases it’s appeal too and a sense of spaciousness. Think clean sparkling windows, lots of mirrors, and clear, uncluttered surfaces. This really can work wonders and is one of the most inexpensive ways to increase your property value
Even more inexpensive ways to increase your property value
- Having a paint through your home will instantly make it look newer and fresher too and can be cheap if you do it yourself and rope in some friends with the promise of pizza. It can actually be a really good laugh to have a painting party yoo…sort of a goodbye to your home too.
- New kitchen cupboard doors and/or worktops can be a really impactful way to update your kitchen without changing the carcasses.
- Fix EVERYTHING! and if you cannot do it yourself get a handyperson in to do it for you. Broken things make prospective buyers worry that they will need to spend time/money straight away.
- Consider replacing carpets that are soiled/frayed – fresh carpets make a huge difference to a home and don’t need to be expensive to make an impact.
- Stage your home when you sell it – so every room has a purpose, looks fresh (think colourful, glossy fresh flowers and fruit) and so the temperature and scent are just perfect.
- Make your garden over so it looks really manageable and pretty. Gardens are a key selling point.
- A super clean home shows it off to its absolute best advantage and elbow grease is free.
- Consider replacing heavy curtains with light ones- again to maximise space.
- If you have a garage then make sure it’s possible to see that a car could fit in as this again adds great value to your potential sale.
- Work on how to increase the value of a bathroom ( could make a huge difference)
Hope you found my tips on simple and inexpensive ways to increase your property value useful! There are a multitude of inexpensive ways to increase your property value and it IS in your control.
Further reading on inexpensive ways to increase your property value
Did you enjoy my post on inexpensive ways to increase your property value – if so you might also like my post on the golden rules of property investment
15 inexpensive ways to increase your property value is a collaborative post
If you enjoyed this post on inexpensive ways to increase your property value You might also enjoy my post on the impact of windows and doors on your property value