The one person cotton hammock with stand from Von Haus really has been a huge asset to our little family garden this summer.It has a 100% striped cotton canvas which gives it the perfect seaside look and which is beautifully on trend. It also has rope ties to complete the nautical appeal. It comes with a super sturdy steel frame which my son and I assembled easily in minutes. There are no trees in our garden so we can put it where we like which is a huge bonus. And it’s portability makes it ideal to follow the sunshine as it moves throughout the day. I love the frame has no screws and will be speedy to take down at summers end too.
It feels strong, secure and conformable and we are getting a lot of use out of it (when the rain stays away!) So much fun to chill in and take some time away from the hustle or bustle.
Size: 290cm X 93cm X 112cm.
Weight Capacity: 120kg
We love it!
I know that there are many benefits to owning a hammock. Let’s take a look at some of the most significant.
The Many Benefits of Hammocks
Hammocks offer a wide range of benefits that contribute to physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Here are some of my favourite:
- Improved sleep: The gentle rocking motion of a hammock can promote deeper, more restful sleep. I found that spending an hour in my garden chilling in the hammock really, deeply relaxed me.
- Stress reduction: Swinging in a hammock can help reduce stress and induce a sense of peace and lower anxiety. It’s hard to be agitated when you are in your hammock.
- Enhanced concentration: The rhythmic movement can also apparently improve focus and concentration. Isn’t that interesting!
- Pain relief: Hammocks have been proven to provide excellent support, reducing pressure on joints and muscles, which can help alleviate pain. I struggle with my back sometimes because I work so long at my desk so this can really help.
- Better circulation: Elevating the feet while lying in a hammock can aid blood circulation. Any excuse to chill!
- Improved posture: Hammocks that support the body’s natural curves can encourage proper alignment and better posture. My posture has taken a hammering from computer works so this is really useful.
- Low impact on the environment: Hammocks have a minimal ecological footprint compared to traditional beds. Yay!
- Versatility: Hammocks can be set up indoors or outdoors, making them versatile for use in various environments.
- Portable: Many hammocks are lightweight and easy to carry, making them ideal for camping and traveling. And, as I mentioned above, you can chase the sun.
- Social bonding: Hammocks provide a cozy and comfortable space for socializing and spending quality time with loved ones. You can get 2 person hammocks too which are great for snuggling.
- Sunbathing: When used outdoors, hammocks offer an enjoyable way to soak up some sun and Vitamin D. Bliss
- Increased creativity: Relaxing in a hammock can stimulate creativity and problem-solving skills. Fabulous reason for a work break!
- Enhanced productivity: Taking short breaks in a hammock can help recharge the mind and boost productivity.
- Therapeutic for children with autism or sensory disorders: The gentle swinging can have a calming effect on children with sensory processing challenges.
- Less pressure points: Unlike traditional mattresses, hammocks distribute body weight more evenly, reducing pressure on specific points.
- Outdoor enjoyment: Hammocks allow people to enjoy the great outdoors more comfortably. I have definitely got out in the garden more since getting our hammock
- Hammocks provide the perfect seat to watch the stars or the sunset.
Hammocks really do offer numerous advantages for physical and mental well-being I am so glad we have ours!