Moving house with NO stress
So what are the secrets to moving house with no stress?
Oh my goodness it can be stressful to move house can’t it? All that packing, all those decisions, wrapping precious items, deciding how to move, figuring out insurance and so much more. It is well up there as one of the most stressful of life experiences. So I know you need this – 5 secreats to moving house with NO stress
So how do we change that? Is moving house with NO stress possible?
There is one key secret to moving house with no stress and that is to manage your move, rather than it mange you!
The no stress house moving secret
Let me explain how you go about moving house with no stress
When we are packing last minute without planning of course there is going to be more stuff than boxes, of course we are going to run out of time and absolutely certainly we will break something before we have arranged insurance. We need not to be reacting to time pressures or panicking. We need to manage our move like a pro.
So how do we go about that?
Well here are my 5 secrets to moving house with no stress
- Planning needs to start early and a dedicated diary or a time line with all dates filled in and tasks to do will really help you stay on track. If you have partner a shared Google document is a good idea, so you can both see it and update it
- Gather your resource early . You want robust boxes, wrapping materials and labels ( if you are packing yourself ) and my advise would be get way more than you think you need. Then begin packing as soon as possible,
- Insure everything is in place, including your mortgage, any relevant insurances and surveys, a structural defects insurance policy a key exchange date, etc. It s a good idea to make a big checklist and cross things off one by one till they are all accounted for.
- Use a removals company that someone you trust can vouch for. The best recommendations come from people you know. It is not worth skimping on this.
- On the day get someone to take care of your kids. You need to be focussed and organised and having to worry about your kids and keeping them entertained will just add to any stress you feel.
I hope this helps and I would love to know if you have any great moving house with no stress tips to share
You might also like my post on 15 tips to make moving house easier