Today – 7 gifts to cheer someone up
A selection of gifts to cheer someone up
I have been having a think about gifts to cheer someone up. Aren’t all gifts equal if given with love? Actually, that isn’t always the case ..some gifts give much more than others. Let’s have a look at 7 lovely gifts that really can do a fabulous cheer up job.
When you have a friend that feels blue it can sometimes be really difficult to know what to do for the best in regards to cheering them up. It can feel a bit like whatever you do is just superficial and will not really make a difference.
Here are some of the very best gifts to cheer someone up I can think off:
Do you have a friend who is feeling blue?
Here are 7 gifts to really cheer someone up that will cheer someone up when they are feeling low.
1) An apple tree. Martin Luther said ‘Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.’ Planting an apple tree is about planting hope in the future and it makes a wonderful gift. Having something else to care for and nurture can often make people feel better. It brings them out of themselves a little and a little gardening and fresh air can work wonders. I was bought an apple tree when my mum passed away and the delight I have had as I have seen it blossom, bear fruit and grow has been huge.
2) A day out…taking a friend who is feeling blue out somewhere for the day can really lift their spirits. When we feel rubbish we can get a bit stuck in a rut and a change of scenery can really help shake off the blues the more fresh air and daylight the better. For me, a walk by the sea always lifts my spirits.
3) A happy playlist of their favourite songs. Oh, the power music has to make us feel better. If you need inspiration for some happy songs to chack out my happy playlist here
4) Or how about A Happy Bag? The perfect collection of gifts to cheer someone up I was recently sent one of these from Funky Pigeon (who are going be selling my Create Your Own Happy book for kids – yay!) Funky Pigeon, as you probably know to sell a range of personalised gifts and cards, and they have recently added to their range with some gorgeous wellbeing gifts and cards This range is just lovely and will defiantly have something in it that will work to cheer up a friend. The Happy Bag is fabulous. It contains A Funky Pigeon notebook, Funky Pigeon pen, A box of Pukka Night time tea, Fearne Cotton’s ‘Happy’ book, choc on choc #believeinhappy chocolates and a supportive and sweet card from Amy the designer who understands having the blues.
Now that would most certainly work to cheer me up!
5) A home-cooked meal that you then share with your friend is a lovely idea if you are looking for a gift to cheer someone up . It combines thoughtfulness, companionship and a night off cooking. What could be better? You can check out my Eat Simply blog for some lovely recipes.
6) A big deep heartfelt hug. Touch is really healing and a big hug really can convey how much you care and hugging relases Oxytocin the love hormone int our brains which brings with it a host of fabulous feelings so huyug hug hug I say!
7) A good book. Escapism can really help when we are feeling blue and getting lost in a good book gives a great reprieve from our worries. I have recently read Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella which was funny and fab and thoughtful and The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan which was tender and beautiful. The Happy Book from the Happy Bag (see above) is a great read too.
Yes, a good read can absolutely cheer someone up! In fact because reading so quickly take someones thought and minds to somewhere quite different it is considered one of the easiest and quickest ways to de-stress. And considering we pretty much all have a lpcal library it is a cost- free way to de-stress too.
Have these ideas inspired you? What would you give a friend to cheer them up?
A book to help really cheer someone up (one of THE best gifts to cheer someone up)
Ooh, and by the way, my book Create Your Own Happy is out now It is an activity book for kids designed to show them how they can easily increase their own happiness and wellbeing every day (and make an impact on the world too!) You can order it here – guaranteed to be one a great gift to cheer someone up!
How to cheer up teenagers
If you have teenagers you are tying to cheer up then I can recommend Be happy Be you – also co-authored by me! This book is absolutely jampacked with advice and activities to support emotional ellbeing during the teen years looking at hobbies, helathy relationships, assertivemness, relaxation and fitness and more. A wonderful cheer up gift.
Do you like my list of gifts to cheer someone up?
What would you add to this list?
And have a think…what gifts would cheer you up? Next time you are feeling a bit down in the dumps why not treat yourself to a little something nice like a lovely bath, a good book, even a nap. We don’t have to wait for other people to cheer us up – it is absolutely something that is within our own power.
Quotes about cheering someone up
Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It simply means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections of life.
If “Plan A” didn’t work. The alphabet has 25 more letters! Stay cool.
Let us be of cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never come. – Amy Lowell
and my absolute favourite …
People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
~ Mother Teresa
Popping one of these great quotes into a card or on a postcard then actually mailing it rather than letting it gather dust at the bottom of your bag would be a great gifts to cheer someone up
Further, cheer up gifting ideas to brighten someone’s day
You might also like my posts on
I do hope you have enjoyed this post on gifts to cheer someone up – I am a firm believer that in life the more we give the more we get and that the fulfilment the act of giving brings ais in itself just as nice as being given too,
Happy sharing and caring x