Have you ever wondered about the benefits of olive oil for hair?
Olive oil is not only great to add in food but also an excellent choice for a person looking to improve the health of skin and hair.
What is Olive Oil?
Olive oil is obtained from the olive fruit and commonly associated with the Mediterranean. It contains several natural ingredients that have antioxidant properties.
Why Is Olive Oil So Good for Skin?
Olive Oil has several properties that make it an excellent choice for skincare and as ingredients in skin products. Following are some of the reasons why olive oil should be a preferred choice for those looking for natural products in beauty care:
1. Olive oil is great because its ingredients naturally moisturize the skin.
2. Olive oil works great as a cleanser because it does not strip the skin off of its natural protective oils.
3. It is great for anti-aging because of the antioxidants that it contains.
4. Extra virgin olive oil may also provide the much-desired UV protection.
Different methods have been devised on how to use olive oil for beauty care. Using these natural remedies can only be helpful for the skin since, unlike artificial ingredients, natural products do not have any side-effects.
Beauty Tips for Healthy Skin Using Olive Oil
Everyone has their favorite tips on how to use natural products as beauty remedies. Following are some tips that are sure to work:
1. Rub olive oil on the skin and then drape a warm cloth over the face until it cools down. Then use the same cooled down a cloth to wipe away excess oil. Be advised to take special care around the eyes and avoid any make-up products on the eyes before this process.
2. A few drops of olive oil can make the shaving experience a pleasant one with the added feature of moisturizing your skin simultaneously.
3. Mix 1 egg, 1 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp olive oil in a bowl. Add a few drops of rose water too. Apply this mixture as a mask for dry skin.
Olive oil is not just good for skin but has long been used as an enhancer for hair, increasing its vitality and moisture levels.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair?
Great for hair’s health improvement and shine, olive oil is a must for every household.
1. Olive oil nourishes hair, which is important for the hair’s health.
2. It works as a great natural conditioner for hair, essential for the hair to maintain its shine and health.
3. Those suffering from hair loss or breakage of hair will find that olive oil improves the strength of hair.
4. Olive oil also has the strength to increase the elasticity of hair.
5. Massaging hair with olive oil is excellent for stress-reducing as well.
It is great to know that olive oil is good for hair, but as individuals, we always enjoy little tips on how to make the olive oil experience worthwhile for us and for our hair. In the following section, some great but easy tips on using olive oil for hair growth are shared.
How to Create Healthy Hair Using Olive Oil
Whether hair has been exposed to harsh winter, intense humidity, or dry heat, everyone needs a nourishing moment to bring back the vitality. Following are some simple home remedies using olive oil:
1. Take 1/2 cup of olive oil or less depending on hair length. Either mix it with another oil like coconut oil, castor olive or sesame oil or use it alone. Massage onto scalp and the rest on hair length. Cover with a plastic bag or warm towel for half an hour and then rinse the hair using warm water.
2. This tip is by Carol Firenze, author of The Passionate Olive – 101 things to do with Olive Oil. She suggests making a conditioner by mixing one egg yolk and a few drops of lemon juice with half cup olive oil. Apply on hair, leave for 15 minutes, and then shampoo hair.
More Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair – Organic and Natural Products Using Olive Oil
Olive oil is fast becoming popular among health-conscious individuals. Following are some organic and natural beauty care products that have olive oil in their ingredients:
1. Erbaviva makes great baby products and suggests its baby shampoo where the olive oil mildly handles baby hair
2. Pangea Organic’s bath soap bar is all organic and gently moisturizes skin while washing it too.
3. Weleda’s eye cream is great for tightening the skin around the eyes.
4. Inara’s Babassu body cream is beautiful for bringing that buttery moisture to the skin.
5. Badger’s foot balm uses extra virgin olive oil along with jojoba oil to heal the skin on the feet.
There are many more products that use olive oil. The idea is to look at the safest and finest companies like Nature’s Basin, Sephora, and Body Shop to buy products that have olive oil in them.
Everyone has different skin types and hair textures. However, olive oil has proven to be a blessing for all types. It is not only a healthier option but also the more beautiful one for skincare and hair growth!
I do hope you have enjoyed this post on Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair – you might also like my post on how to keep hair healthy and beautiful