Many, many years ago my best friend and I wrote our bucket lists. I have no idea where they are now but I know we have both achieved many things off those lists. Some 25 years later I know it is time to make my new list. I am older, wiser, I have lost those I love,, somewhat mobility impaired and I have 2 children and husband in tow.
Nevertheless I know my dreams are vital to keep alive. And there is much I want to achieve before I pass through this life. This list may change and it may grow but at the moments its a little list of things I would like to achieve ….wish me luck.
I hope to get started as soon as I finish writing.
Here are my 50 things to do ….
1. Publish my poem
2. Weigh and maintain at 8 stone 10
3. Go to Montana
4. Have my own office overlooking a beautiful garden
5. Raise £10,000 for Sightsavers
6. Have a home near the sea
7. Learn to drive on the ringroad and park in a multi story
8. Learn to play the guitar> Annalise and I are now on lesson 5!
9. Have a minimalist home
10. Sell a painting
11. Go to Florida with my children
12. Set up a memorial to my mum
13. Have a website about emotional literacy It’s up Emotionally Healthy Kids
14. Learn to speak Spanish
15. Learnt to cook 5 beautiful vegetarian dishes and 5 desserts
16. Travel on the Orient Express
17. Run workshops on emotional literacy
18. Throw a charity ball
19. Get cycling again
20. Learn to use a camera well
21. Make my own signature scent
22. Have a session with a fashion stylist and learn to dress well
23. Take tea at the Ritz with my best friends
24. Visit Amsterdam
25. Write for Reloved
26. Write for Simple Things
27. Put away 1 million pounds for the kids
28. Write a novel
29. Play in a tennis tournament
30. Own a convertible
31. Go to LA
32. Be in a film
33. Curate an art exhibition
34. Have a radio show
35. Design a pair of shoes
36. Write my own desiderata
37. Build a school
38. See Budapest
39. Take a cruise
40. Make an explore my feelings book.
41. Design my own product. > have a contract to make set of fink cards and a training guide ort in Feb 2016
42. Be in a play
43. Entertain my friends once a month and holiday with them once a year
44. Go to a literary festival
45. Learnt to write beautifully
46. Master the art of flower arranging
47. Campaign each year for something I believe in
48. Set up the kindness tree each month
49. Go to Vegas
50. Write a novel
I will keep you up to date with my progress!
“Another year is fast approaching. Go be that starving artist you’re afraid to be. Open up that journal and get poetic finally. Volunteer. Suck it up and travel. You were not born here to work and pay taxes. You were put here to be part of a vast organism to explore and create. Stop putting it off. The world has much more to offer than what’s on 15 televisions at TGI Fridays. Take pictures. Scare people. Shake up the scene. Be the change you want to see in the world.”