Free fun is the best kind of fun!
Are you looking for some free fun activities for the weekend – well here you are.
When you have spent a heavy portion of your salary in the past few weeks, the thought of upcoming weekends can be pretty frightening. For the obvious reason, that weekend means going to bars, dancing the night away, or simply crashing at a friend’s house for lip-smacking pizzas.
All of which can create a large hole in your pocket. And if you are someone who’s having cash-crunches or has prioritized money-saving, this is the last thing you want.
The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive.
Free Fun is the best fun
Nonetheless, that doesn’t mean you have to sit at home staring at the ceiling. There’s plenty you can do. In fact, I have compiled a list of 50 frugal, free activities that you can do to have a fun, productive, and economical weekend.
Are you ready to embrace Free Fun?
Just sit back, and read on.
50 Free Fun Activities for the Weekend
You need never be bored when skint again! there are just so many lovely things that you can do – there is no reason to be bored , fed up , miserable when there is so much at hand!
Indoor Activities – Free Fun Activities for the Weekend
Some days, you just wish to throw yourself on the bed and never go out. Well, can’t argue with that. Home is home. Nothing else can beat the quiet and peace of it, which is why we have curated some fun activities that you can do right from the comfort of your home.
- Netflix and chill. (Everyone’s go-to activity, so it had to be on the top)
- Have a monopoly/Uno night or some other board games.
- Learn to cook a unique cuisine.
- Dance like no one’s watching.
- Pamper yourself with a manicure.
- Re-organize your home.
- Try out an art and craft DIY.
- Re-organize your paperwork.
- Paint a wall. Now that is a whole lot more free fun than it sounds
- Decorate your garden.
- A casual hang-out with friends. (Please don’t order food online. It will defeat the purpose. Instead, go for home-cooked meals)
- Knit a sweater for yourself or someone you love.
- Give your car the long overdue wash.
- Read a book.
- Prepare new and stylish outfits from the clothes you already own.
- Practice best out of waste. You can make something artsy with the waste. For instance, painting plastic or glass bottles to create a showcase out of them.
- A workout to get you energized and fit.
- Donate old clothes/ old objects to the ones who are in need. (Kindness is attractive, and much needed after all!)
- Cut down on storage.
- De-clutter your laptop and digital drives.
- Plan your week and budget.
- Learn a new art-form or a new skill.
- Try to fix broken things.
- Clean your storerooms and garage.
- Play a musical instrument.
- Organise and play a treasure hunt.
- Have your own karaoke night at home. (All you need is a laptop and speaker)
- Have meaningful conversations with someone.
- Pamper yourself with a bubble bath. My fave kind of free fun – well close!
There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.
Outdoor Free Fun Activities for the Weekend
Can you really save when you go outside? Seems like a distant reality, but it isn’t. There are a gazillion alternatives for you to choose from. Here are some of them.
- Go for a walk.
- Visit museums. (Of course, the free ones. There are plenty available, you just have to broaden your search)
- Visit a library.
- Go visit a park. You can also head to the open gyms if you are more enthusiastic about fitness.
- Go for a swim at a beach. (Thank goodness, they don’t charge you bucks for that!)
- Play a sport with a friend. Free fun and company
- Do what you never did before. Explore your city.
- Go site-seeing.
- Go camping.
- Look for a free music concert.
- Go fishing for free fun
- Visit a waterfall or lake near you.
- Go hiking.
- Just lay down and look at the stars.
- Visit a mall, go window shopping. (Keeping your temptations in control would be the hardest but will help you practice restraint.
- Go for a drive.
- Play with dogs.
- Attend a community event
Do you know any free fun activities for the weekend?
Well, I’m all done here, chatting away about free fun but I’m sure there are plenty of other things even you can think of. Feel free to let me know in the comment section. Nonetheless, I wish you a happy no-spend weekend. I bet you would be proud of yourself.
The best things in life are free. And it is important never to lose sight of that. So look around you. Wherever you see friendship, loyalty, laughter, and love…there is your treasure.
Further reading on Free Fun Activities for the Weekend
Free Fun Activities for the Weekend – maybe you could try a pamper day at home
Extra free fun!
OOh for an extra bit of free fun try these free fun games with Alexa.
Free Fun Activities for the Weekend is set to inspire you to up your content in life and down your expenses – something all of us want right? Do let me know what you try.