High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan with high protein vegetables
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan & High Protein Vegetables
For vegetarians who live an athletic lifestyle, it’s important to make sure that there is enough protein in your diet. It’s easy to base a vegetarian diet around carbohydrates, but it takes a more conscious effort to keep protein levels high with a high protein vegetarian diet plan
There are a number of quick and easy high protein vegetarian dishes you can make at home. Some require a little bit of preparation, such as chopping vegetables. But many can be prepared in under 20 minutes, especially if you use shortcuts such as pre-made ingredients or chopped frozen vegetables.
Let’s take a look at a great selection of recipes for a High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
Pin HIGH PROTEIN VEGETARIAN DIET PLAN for later
My experience of a high protein vegetarian diet plan
Once a week I sit down and make my budget vegetarian meal plan
Do you do this. I have to say I realy highly recommend you do not only for budgeting purposes but to keep your diet super healthy and well on track and to make sure it is protein packed too.
I have done this for years. I find meal planning not only reduces food waste, but it saves me scratching my head thinking about what on earth I can possibly make for dinner. My children and partner are vegetarian ( one of my children has juts gone Vegan) and I want them to have delicious high protein veggie meals. From trial and error, I have realised that planning ahead to ensure I have in what I need to do so really is the way forward with this.
Do you meal plan?
Do you consider the importance of a high protein vegetarian diet plan or do you wing it?
I urge you to give these ideas for a high protein vegetarian diet plan more than a passing glance. It makes you feel great to have a protein-rich diet
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan – what to eat
- Seitan browned and tossed in a salad with a low-fat dressing. You can either use homemade seitan or buy pre-made seitan. Try different salad dressings to experiment with different flavors.
- Tofu stir-fried with chopped veggies. Choose a variety of vegetables. The different colored veggies provide visual interest and also provide a variety of vitamins.
- Omelet filled with chopped veggies and salsa. Frozen vegetables can save you time. If you want to keep the fat content down, mix one whole egg with a few egg whites.
- Curried seitan or tofu simmered with chopped veggies. Cauliflower or spinach are good vegetable choices. You can buy a pre-made curry or mix your own.
- Greek salad with seitan, chopped green pepper, feta, red onion, tomatoes, and olives. You can use smoked tofu instead of seitan.
- Seitan with chopped peppers and onions wrapped in a whole wheat pita. Brown the peppers and onions with the seitan, adding lots of seasonings
- Cottage cheese and chopped fruit. If you like it a little sweeter, drizzle the mixture with honey. To add extra protein and a nice crunch, top it with some chopped nuts.
- Fruit smoothie with whey protein powder. Try different fruits for a variety of delicious smoothies
- Veggie sausage with egg and hashbrowns. This is a classic breakfast made vegetarian just by substituting veggie sausage for regular sausage.
- Whole wheat pita with hummus and veggies. Lining a pita with hummus before stuffing it with veggies adds flavor and also protein.
- Whole wheat spaghetti with veggie meatballs and sauce. Using a whole wheat pasta adds extra fiber. You can make your own meatballs or buy them at your local health food store.
- Greek yoghurt mixed with quinoa and apples. Strained yogurt has more protein than regular yogurt, and quinoa is also a good source of protein. If you like it sweeter, add a little honey.
- Tofu sandwich with ketchup and lettuce on whole-wheat bread. Use seasoned, baked tofu. This tastes a lot like a meatloaf sandwich.
Recipe ideas for you to try
I do hope these High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan ideas are useful to you? if you like them I know you are going to like my black rice salad recipe
A High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan can be simply delicious
How can a high protein vegetarian diet plan give you enough protein in your diet?
They can do this by being considered and thoughtful about what they eat, keeping their pantries and fridges well-stocked and meal planning with a high protein vegetarian diet plan already written out at least for the next week or two.
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan Recipes
A High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan is easy and there are a multitide of ways to make healthy, tasty vegetarian meals that are cheap and easy.
Exotic sounding vegetables and high priced ingredients are not necessary because cooking excellent, nutritious meals for your table are possible to make with regular items you find in almost any grocery store in a matter of minutes. Whether you are a vegetarian or just looking for a way to cut some meat out of your diet, start your cheap and easy vegetarian adventure with these tasty dishes.
Let me share a couple of my favourite High Protein recipes with you:
What are the best high protein vegetables for a high protein vegetarian diet plan?
Have you been wondering what is the vest vegetable for protein?
- Bok Choy
- Green Beans
Which one is your favourite? I am a huge fan of green beans? Here is my favourite green bean recipe ( you can omit the cheese if you are cutting back on dairy too)
Cheesy beans for a High Protein vegetarian diet plan
- all purpose flour
- veg oil
- green beans (blanched)
- paprika, garlic, salt
- grated cheese of your choice
- Start by preparing some crispy fried onions. You can make these by simply slicing some white onions and dust them with a little all-purpose flour before frying them on high in some oil until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Whilst frying in a baking dish, layout the blanched green beans and drizzle a lovely dollop of olive oil over them. Sprinkle with some chopped garlic (or garlic powder), paprika powder and salt, and pop them in the oven n too until crisp
- Top them with some grated cheese of any kind, a handful of the fried onions and bake again for a minute, and then tuck in.
Cheesy Green Beans – on a high protein vegetarian diet plan
This green bean recipe is LUSH, especially if you’ve got a picky eater at home.
Start by preparing some crispy fried onions. You can make these by simply slicing some white onions and dust them with a little all-purpose flour before frying them on high in some oil until they are crispy and golden brown.
Whilst frying in a baking dish, layout the blanched green beans and drizzle a lovely dollop of olive oil over them. Sprinkle with some chopped garlic (or garlic powder), paprika powder and salt, and pop them in the oven n too until crisp
Top them with some grated cheese of any kind, a handful of the fried onions and bake again for a minute, and then tuck in.
Delicious. Have a look here for more unusual green bean recipes
This recipe is definitely going on my High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
High Protein Vegetarian Diet plan – Breakfast:
Chop half of a small red onion, half of the green pepper, and one small tomato. Saute the onion and green pepper until onion is translucent. Mix the extra firm tofu with one-half teaspoon turmeric or curry and one-half cup salsa. Add the tofu mixture into the onions and green peppers and cook on medium to low heat for five to ten minutes. Serve with peanut-buttered toast.
Peanut butter oatmeal
Peanut butter covered toast forms the base for this delicious breakfast. Place the toast in a bowl and top it with a serving of old-fashioned oatmeal. Cover the oatmeal with two large spoonfuls of unsweetened applesauce. Then add chopped walnuts and chopped fruit or berries. Pour a half cup of almond milk on the side, and it is ready to eat.
I do love peanut butter – it is possibly my favouirte high protein food
French Toast with Tofu or peanut butter
Blend eight ounces of tofu, one ripe banana, one teaspoon of maple syrup, and one-half cup of water. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Heat your skillet until water bounces off of the pan. Dip whole wheat bread in the mixture and fry it until the toast is browned. Add margarine and applesauce or syrup to the top. The second option is – blend peanut butter with water and dip the bread into it to cook. Then follow the rest of the recipe.
Serve a smoothie with your breakfast choice. Add a three-fourths cup of almond milk per person to a blender. Add a teaspoon of vanilla, one-half of a banana, four strawberries, and one-half cup each mango and blueberries. For extra fiber, add flax. Blend until smooth.
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan – Lunch or dinner:
Some absolutely delicious ideas for you here
Three-bean salad on a High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
Drain the beans from four different kinds of beans (black, pinto, black-eyed peas, and kidney) and rinse them. Add one cup frozen or fresh corn, and one ten-ounce package lima beans: dice one large red bell pepper and half of the red onion. Add one-half cup of low-fat salad dressing and mix all of the ingredients. Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Doesn’t it look so pretty and colourful too.
Potato soup is such a great winter warmer of a recipe and inexpensive too. I like i mine very oninony but you can totally make it just as YOU like it.
In a medium-sized pan, add one-half of a package of frozen diced potatoes, one cup frozen bell peppers, one-half cup of frozen onions, and enough almond milk to cover the frozen foods. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat the potato soup until it is hot. Serve with whole-wheat toast topped with peanut butter.
You can see more of my lovely vegetarian soup recipes here – all perfect for a high protein vegetarian diet plan and cheap, quick and easy to make ( it does not have to be expensive or complicated to have a really great diet)
Spaghetti-less spaghetti on a
Cut large spaghetti squash in half. Scrape out the seeds and pulp. Place both halves upside down on a baking sheet—Bake at 350 degrees for about forty-five minutes. Ten minutes before the squash is done, heat the contents of a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Scrape the spaghetti strings out of the squash into a bowl. Add the spaghetti squash. Serve with garlic bread and salad.
Black bean roll-ups
Drain and wash one can of black beans. Add one cup of salsa and one-half teaspoon of ground cumin and blend until the mixture is smooth. Spread the mixture on two pieces of flatbread or wheat tortillas. Mash one avocado and spread it over the beans. Grate a carrot and cover the top. Add spinach leaves. Roll the bread or tortilla tightly. Hold it shut with toothpicks. Cut it into slices.
This is absolutely one of my most favourite ways to much on black beans.
Veggie wraps are packed with High protein vegetables
Cover whole wheat tortillas with low-fat hummus. Sprinkle on grated carrots, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber slices, diced bell peppers, and spinach leaves over the hummus. Hold it shut with toothpicks and cut it into even pieces.
I do love to eat wraps for lunch they are super quck to prep and so easy to eat too – even if like me you sometimes multi task and walk or work at your desk too.
High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan
A veggie mix of high protein vegetables
Cut up your favourite squash, one apple, and four potatoes into chunks. Sprinkle it with mesquite seasoning. Add a little water to your pan and cook the mixture until everything is soft.
Once you realize how cheap and easy it is to make vegetarian meals, you’ll want to make more or all of your meals meat-free. Your budget, your schedule, and your health will be glad you did.
So there you go to a High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan with some wonderful and easy High Protein Vegetarian diet plan recipes – all simple, tasty and inexpensive. Don’t they all just look and sound scrumptious. .. why not give them a go and drop me a message telling me ow you found them.
Further reading on from the high protein vegetarian diet plan
If you have enjoyed this post on a High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan I think you might also like my posts on:
Tell me about your High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan …
Do you follow a High Protein Vegetarian Diet Plan? If you do I would love to hear from you and hear what recipes you favour and what foods you ensure are part of your weekly diet. Do leave me a comment below