Today – How to make your home clutter-free
How to Make Your Home Clutter-Free – simple tips
Do you long to know how to make your home clutter-free? Would you like to become a minimalist person?
Pin HOW TO MAKE YOUR HOME CLUTTER-FREE for later
Clutter is a common challenge for every homeowner. Hundreds of books have been written on the subject of “decluttering” and the topic is popular among home designers and interior designers. But how can the average apartment resident or homeowners begin the process without having to read a book or take a design seminar? You can review declutter tips from domestic lifts brand Lifton as well as a few hints below.
How to make your home clutter-free – let’s do this!
- Weed Out the Old Clothes: Go through your closet and toss any item you have not worn for more than one year. Make a few exceptions of formal wear, but otherwise show no mercy.
- Give Three Boxes to Charity: Place three boxes in the middle of your living room. As you declutter, whatever things are still in good shape can go into the “charity” boxes. There’s no sense in trashing perfectly good clothes, appliances or toys when someone else can use them.
- Clear Medicine Cabinets: Throw out expired items and anything you no longer use. Always remember to remove identifying labels from medicine containers and to flush old pills down the toilet.
- Work on One Drawer at a Time: Choose one drawer in the kitchen or bedroom. Focus only on that space and don’t put it back into the slot until you have removed all unwanted items from it. This “one piece at a time” approach makes the task more manageable by breaking large jobs into tiny pieces and attacking them strategically. Plus, you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment and motivated to continue.
- Start a Simple Filing System: Piles of papers are a main cluttering problem for the average adult. If you don’t already have a filing system, create a simple one within a large drawer or box. All you have to do is label three or four sections for the placement of bills, medical records, tax documents and miscellaneous items. That will be enough to get you started on clearing out the vast piles of unsorted paper in your living space.
- Put a “Decluttering Day” on the Calendar: For some people, making a commitment in writing can be a huge motivator. Pick a day within the next two weeks when you have several hours of free time. Mark it clearly on the calendar, along with the exact start and finish times. Aim for about a four-hour chunk of time with a short break in the middle.
- Do you have an old car in the garage that it is time to get rid of?
So there you go – how to make your home clutter-free – it’s not so hard is it you just need to get really organised and get going.
Routines show you how to make your home clutter-free
Many can clean out their living space quickly but then fall back into their old routines of accumulating unwanted items pretty easily. If you want to know how ot make your home clutter-free you have to create a routine.In order to maintain your new clutter-less lifestyle, be sure to work through the above tips whenever you notice any return.
How to Make Your Home Clutter-Free – schedule it!
You can schedule an hour or two per week to stay on top, but by using the tips as a checklist, on a monthly basis, will forever remove the clutter from your life. And don’t forget, it’s easy to do the same at the office if you find your desk is filling up with outdated snacks, papers, or even attire you no longer need with the changing of the seasons.
How to Make Your Home Clutter-Free – More ideas
How to make your home clutter-free is a feature post x
Do you have any tips to share on how to make your home clutter-free