Tghe Best Ways to Make your House Smell Good Naturally – something we all want to know right?
There’s nothing better in this world than a house that smells good naturally.
It invites you in at the end of the day, creates an inviting space for guests, and enhances the mood. However, the harsh chemicals in cleaners and some artificial fragrances cause problems for those with allergies, asthma and other lung disorders such as emphysema. Some of them can even cause breathing problems in healthy individuals whch nobody wants to induce in their home.
There are several ways to create a pleasingly aromatic home without using chemicals or anything artificial.
Here are a few ideas to protect your health and enhance the smell of your home.
Natural scents always , always smell better too. You can make your House Smell Good Naturally.
Cinnamon buns? Need I say more.
How to Make your House Smell Good Naturally
1. Use ground cinnamon on an electric burner. Turn the burner on the lowest setting, let it heat up, and sprinkle some ground cinnamon directly onto it. Turn the burner off. The smell travels throughout the entire house.
2. Try cinnamon sticks. Put a few sticks of cinnamon into a pot of boiling water. Boil it until the fragrance is as strong as you like.
3. Boil essential oils. This option offers a customized scent. For those who prefer a clean scent, go with spruce oil. Pine scent is another popular option (the cleaner Pine-Sol uses essential pine oil, so using the essential oil gives the home the same scent). Add several drops of the oil to a pan of boiling water and let it boil completely out.
4. Add essential oils to candles. Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil into the center warm wax of a candle. The candle will smell like the oil when it’s burned.
5. Light it up. There are lamp rings – little rings that go around a light bulb, and you just add a few drops of essential oil to the inner part of the ring. When the light is on, it heats the oil and the fragrance spreads. You can also put a few drops of essential oil directly onto a cooled and off light bulb. When it’s lit, it will circulate the smell.
6. Place eucalyptus sprigs around the home. Use fresh eucalyptus for the best effect.
7. Go with vanilla. Put vanilla or artificial vanilla in tiny bowls around the house. It only takes a few drops to create a vanilla aroma in the room, so use sparingly!
8. Spray it. Add two drops of essential oil to a spray bottle full of water. Mix well. Spray around the home and on fabrics to refresh them.ff
9. Scent the bathroom. Drip essential oil (one or two drops) to the inside of a toilet paper roll to enhance the smell whenever it’s unrolled.
Make sure that the essential oil is all-natural. Some have chemical additives, which would end up causing the same problems as using harsh fragrances.
How to Make your House Smell Good Naturally with these top 20 natural scents
I have shared my my favourite scents before here and added a few more, I love these scents as they are very natural and I think they work beautifully in a home precisely becuase that is where you would expect to find them Knowing how to make a house smell good naturally does of course depend n your individual taste but many of us have these favourite scents in common.
20 best natural fragrances to make your house smell good naturally
- Fresh cotton
- Newly cut grass
- Light lemon
- Line dry laundry
- Cookies out the oven
- fresh tomatoes ( home grown) of course
5 best plants for bathroom smells (Bathroom smells musty? Here’s what you need)
I know it is not he nicest thing to talk about but bathroom smells really can be unpleasant can’t they and a chemical laden spray often does little to disguise then. Personally I would always keep a window partly open in a bathroom so the smell could waft away but what else could you do?
Well you could consider the best plants for bathroom smells. Here are some that truly can make a difference.
English Ivy has dense foliage and is brilliant at absorbing smells
The peace lily is an excellent air purifier and looks rather lovely too in your bathroom – such an elegant plant
Ferns not only absorb yucky bathroom smells well they also thrive in high humidity
The bamboo palm can Make your House Smell Good Naturally
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration conducted the NASA Clean Air Study to show how well particular plants purify air and this made the list – they say it acts as an excellent dehumidifier too.
A good old fashioned spider plan is fabulous at keeping the air clean and it thrives in moist environments so one of the best plants for bathroom smells
How to make your own reed diffuser to make your home smell good naturally
making your own reed diffuser is a super simple DIY and a very satisfying one as you can make it completely bespoke. Essentially you juts need base oil, essential oils of your choice reeds and a lovely bottle or vase that you are happy to have on display.
Pour your base oil into your bottle
Add your essential oils and stir with the end of a reed
Add your reeds
After an hour flip the reeds over to help the uptake of the oils
The reed sticks contain channels that run the entire length of the reed – these suck up the oil to the top of the reeds and allow the fragrance todispell. You will get a e fragrance with no chemicals that is gentle and lovely and ongoing,
How to Make your House Smell Good Naturally with Homemade potpourri
Scenting your house can be a real pleasure and can really indulge your creativity. I have a had a shot at making my own pot potpourri in the past and I thought you might like to hear how I went about it
I chose to make rose and lavender pot pourri
- I simply added 1/2 a cup of lavender to a cup of dried rose petals and 2 tablespoons of orris root powder. Orris root is a natural fixative and will help preserve the flower fragrance.
- To dry the rose petals I put them between layers of kitchen towel and in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Give it all a good stir.
- Add 8-10 drops of essential oil (I chose rose) and stir afresh.
- Put the mixture in a glass jar and store for a good few days for the fragrance to really permeate and shale daily.
How to Make your House Smell Good Naturally – Final thoughts
It isn’t hard you just need to purchase your plants wisely, get a little creative and bake lovey things! I have to tell you these lemon snaps add a lovely scent as well as tasting delicious.