Have you ever considered Land-Based vs Online Casinos?
Gambling is one of the most popular pastime activities on the planet, with statistics pointing out that 26% of the world’s population regularly plays different casino games. The casino industry has undergone numerous changes to remain lucrative, like transitioning from simple establishments to world-class gaming lobbies that span thousands of square meters. The sector has also introduced fans to fantastic online casino rooms, which provide the perfect gaming experience to players who dislike brick-and-mortar establishments but enjoy playing casino games.
However, the highlight of the casino industry is the apparent rivalry between land-based and online casinos. These two sectors have been compared with players globally in a bid to determine which offers the best gaming experience. This read will set the record straight and provide a special land-based vs online casino comparison, not to mention recommend the ideal option.
Land-based casinos have been at the center of gambling since 1638, when the first casino establishment was opened to the public. Fast forward years later, the industry is booming with multiple options to choose from. But why should you consider visiting a brick-and-mortar casino vs one conveniently located online? We take a look at the pros and cons.
- Very Social: Brick-and-mortar casino establishments are very social. The venues are usually packed with players from all walks of life trying their luck in different games. In short, you are guaranteed a fun environment that makes the entire experience entertaining. In fact, if you end up in one of the top gambling destinations in the world like Las Vegas or Atlantic City, you’re likely to have the best night of your life. The casinos in such places attract even celebrities, so you might bump into actors, musicians, and TV personalities, altogether enriching your gaming experience.
- Come with Multiple Perks: As soon as you walk into a brick-and-mortar establishment, you start enjoying perks that you can barely get elsewhere. For instance, you will bump into casino staff who will serve you refreshing drinks. You also get to enjoy professional services from skilled croupiers to floor managers who make sure every player has a fun time. These are added advantages designed to make your casino gaming activities exemplary. So apart from enjoying exciting games, you get to have fun in many other different ways.
- Most Have Restaurants and Guest Houses: Modern casino establishments aim to provide an all-round experience to players. So, in addition to an extensive gaming lobby, look forward to restaurants that feature delectable meals made by skilled chefs. Moreover, you get to try exotic dishes, but this is dependent on the casino you are visiting. Some casinos have a minibar included for you to enjoy fresh cocktails and the finest liquors. This is an aspect that you barely enjoy when dealing with online casinos. To make brick-and-mortar casinos more exciting, the owners include guest houses, so after a long gaming night, you can book a suite and spend the night.
- Instant Transactions at Zero Cost: Land-based casinos are profitable with constant cash flow. This is one of the reasons why Europe’s oldest casino reopened. But what most people often ignore is the instant transactions that take place in the establishments. Unlike online casinos, you get to cash out your winnings immediately at zero cost. You also don’t have to worry about your money’s security, nor do you have to provide your banking details. This efficiency makes people flock to brick-and-mortar establishments daily.
Unfortunately, land-based casinos are not just advantageous. They also come with disadvantages that make them less suitable to casino gaming enthusiasts. Here are some of the disadvantages of brick-and-mortar casinos that you should know.
- Few Game Choices: Land-based casinos come with multiple games ranging from slot machines to table games. Some casino establishments boast more than 500 different slot machines and 20+ table games in their lobby. However, the variety of games is less than those in online casinos.
- Very Expensive: The moment you step into a land-based casino, you will likely spend more than you had planned. Apart from playing the captivating games, you might also find yourself tipping casino staff and purchasing drinks and meals. This makes land-based casinos less accommodating to regular gamers who cannot afford the expensive services.
Online casino sites have been around since 1996 and now there are literally hundreds of the best UK online casinos to choose from. For instance, take a look at the UK’s top options here, and you’ll find a wide range of bonuses and games offered by each. Below we take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of online casino sites.
- Fantastic Bonuses: If you want to know the effectiveness of giveaways have a look at casino bonuses and promotions. Online casinos lure millions of gamers using exciting bonuses. The offers come in free spins, match deposit promotions, and cashback rewards. All you need to do is meet the minimum activation requirements of the perks. This makes online casinos suitable compared to land-based sites.
- Wide variety of Games: It is right to acknowledge the variety of games available at online casinos. Operators strive to offer players an unmatched gaming experience by providing them with options such as bingo, slots, table games, and live casino games. Each game comes with a demo version which you can try before you play, something you will not find in land-based casinos.
- Accessible Everywhere: Online casinos are accessible everywhere, thanks to mobile casino sites. With a compatible smartphone, you can play slot machines, table games, and different bingo variants on the move. On the other hand, brick-and-mortar casinos require you to play games at a particular location. This has seen online casinos become appealing to different gamers worldwide.
- Fast and Efficient: Online casinos are fast and efficient. You can easily log into your account, play your desired games, and log out. This makes online casino games ideal for players who only have a short time set aside for entertainment. On the other hand, brick-and-mortar games require preparation and traveling to access an establishment.
You should know that online casinos also have numerous disadvantages. Some of these demerits are why some players are reluctant to sign up for online casino services. With that said, here are the main demerits of online casino sites that you should keep in mind.
- Can Be Quite Monotonous: Online casinos don’t allow interaction with other players, unless you are playing live dealer games. Even so, the interaction is only virtual, which means you don’t get the ultimate experience. This makes online casinos quite monotonous compared to land-based casinos. It is one of the reasons why some players prefer brick-and-mortar establishments.
- Requires Internet Connection: It is crucial to note that playing online requires an internet connection. It is impossible to access any casino games without the internet, leave alone log into your account. This makes online casino gaming limiting to different punters, especially when compared to land-based casinos, which don’t require any form of internet connection to play games.
Verdict: Which Should You Choose?
After comparing land-based casinos to online gaming sites, it is clear that both have multiple merits that are worth considering. However, you should know that online casinos have many advantages, such as exciting bonuses and 24/7 accessibility. They also provide players with the privacy you cannot get in brick-and-mortar casinos. This has seen online casino sites gain millions of followers worldwide. We recommend online casinos to their land-based counterparts, as these present plenty of benefits that you wouldn’t enjoy otherwise.