Lentil & Vegetable Hotpot
This is a gorgeous new easy lentil
& vegetable hotpot recipe from HelloFresh
and I absolutely could not wait to give it a go. I do hope you enjoy this Lentil & Vegetable Hotpot as much as I did. It is super healthy and packed with taste.
Lentil and Vegetable Hotpot
Easy Lentil & Vegetable Hotpot (v)
with Cheesy Potato Topping
Preparation Time 45 minutes
oh my goodness you are so going to love this winter
What you will need for lentil & vegetable hotpot
½ punnet Chestnut Mushrooms
½ bunch flat Leaf Parsley
1 sachet Vegetable Stock Powder
Nutritional information of lentil & vegetable hotpot
Energy (kJ) 1736 kJ
Energy (kcal) 415 kcal
Fat 7.0g of which saturates 4.0 g
Carbohydrate 70 g of which sugars1 6.0 g
Protein 18 g
Salt2 .0 g
How to make Lentil & Vegetable hotpot
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
Remove the top and bottom from the carrot (no need to peel!), quarter lengthways, then chop widthways into small pieces.
Halve, then remove the core from the pepper and chop into small pieces.
Roughly chop the mushrooms. Drain and rinse the lentils in a sieve.
Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all). Cut the potato (no need to peel) into ½cm thick slices.
2. Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, 4-5 mins. Add the pepper and mushrooms, along with pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring, until your lentil vegetable hotpot is soft, 5 mins.
3. Next, add the lentils, Provençal herbs and tomato puree to the pan and stir well.
Pour in the water (see ingredients for amount) along with the stock pot. Add the mustard (see ingredients for the amount – add less if you don’t like heat!), spinach and half the parsley. Stir together, then simmer for 3-4 mins.
TIP: It might look like a lot of spinach initially but it will wilt down!
lentil and vegetable hotpot
4. Transfer the lentil mixture from the pan into an ovenproof dish. Layer the potato slices over the top. TIP: Don’t overlap the slices too much otherwise they won’t all cook at the same rate. Drizzle with oil and season with a few grinds of pepper. Bake the hotpot on the top shelf of your oven for 20-25 mins. TIP: The potato will sink slightly into the sauce as it cooks, this is perfectly fine!
5. While the hotpot is in your oven, grate the cheddar cheese. Once the 25 mins baking time is up, remove the hotpot from the oven and turn your grill to high. Scatter the cheese over the hotpot and grill until melted and golden, about 5 mins.
6. Serve the hotpot and finish with a sprinkling of the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
lentil and vegetable hotpot – Pin for later
If you enjoyed my recipe for lentil and vegetable hotpotYou can find more of my foodie posts here
All of them are veggie rich and don’t cost a pcacket to make – I know you are going to love them (or at least i do hope so!)
Do let me know which recipes you try I am excited to hear your experiences of tryng out the recipes on my blog.