This is a gorgeous new recipe from HelloFresh
and I absolutely could not wait to give it a go. I do hope you enjoy this Lentil & Vegetable Hotpot as much as I did. It is super healthy and packed with taste.
Lentil & Vegetable Hotpot (v)
with Cheesy Potato Topping
Ooh, I don’t know about you but I love a very classic British hotpot!
Preparation Time 45 minutes
½ punnet Chestnut Mushrooms
½ bunch flat Leaf Parsley
1 sachet Vegetable Stock Powder
Energy (kJ) 1736 kJ
Energy (kcal) 415 kcal
Fat 7.0g of which saturates 4.0 g
Carbohydrate 70 g of which sugars1 6.0 g
Protein 18 g
Salt2 .0 g
How to make it
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C. Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Remove the top and bottom from the carrot (no need to peel!), quarter lengthways, then chop widthways into small pieces. Halve, then remove the core from the pepper and chop into small pieces. Roughly chop the mushrooms. Drain and rinse the lentils in a sieve. Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all). Cut the potato (no need to peel) into ½cm thick slices.
2. Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, 4-5 mins. Add the pepper and mushrooms, along with pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until soft, 5 mins.
3. Next, add the lentils, Provençal herbs and tomato puree to the pan and stir well. Pour in the water (see ingredients for amount) along with the stock pot. Add the mustard (see ingredients for the amount – add less if you don’t like heat!), spinach and half the parsley. Stir together, then simmer for 3-4 mins. TIP: It might look like a lot of spinach initially but it will wilt down!
4. Transfer the lentil mixture from the pan into an ovenproof dish. Layer the potato slices over the top. TIP: Don’t overlap the slices too much otherwise they won’t all cook at the same rate. Drizzle with oil and season with a few grinds of pepper. Bake the hotpot on the top shelf of your oven for 20-25 mins. TIP: The potato will sink slightly into the sauce as it cooks, this is perfectly fine!
5. While the hotpot is in your oven, grate the cheddar cheese. Once the 25 mins baking time is up, remove the hotpot from the oven and turn your grill to high. Scatter the cheese over the hotpot and grill until melted and golden, about 5 mins.
6. Serve the hotpot and finish with a sprinkling of the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
Pin for later
You can find more of my foodie posts here