How do you fancy Nutella and strawberry French toast roll-ups? recipe with permission from www.bottomlessbrunch.com
Just like you and your loved one, chocolate and strawberries make the perfect pair – especially rolled up in a french toast roll. This indulgent brunch is great for anyone with a sweet tooth and will definitely cure any chocolate cravings.
French toast roll-ups
Ingredients for Nutella and strawberry French toast roll-ups
- 6 slices of fresh white bread with crusts removed
- 1/2 punnet of strawberries, diced into small chunks
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
Method for Nutella and strawberry French toast roll-ups
- Combine the egg, 2 tbsp of milk and a pinch of salt in a large bowl with a large flat base and whisk the ingredients together.
- Spread the caster sugar out in a small dish
- Use a rolling pin to roll the bread flat and thinner, this makes them easier to roll up and stay rolled.
- Spread each piece of bread with around ¾ of a tbsp of Nutella and add strawberries along the bottom of each piece of bread, then roll up each slice of bread and set to one side.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat, then roll each roll up in the egg mixture, shake off any excess and place it into the pan. Repeat with remaining roll-ups.
- Cook for around 4 minutes until all sides are golden, rotating every 1 minute or so.
Remove them from the pan and immediately roll them in the sugar, remove and serve your roll-ups warm