Seven Things You Should Never Have In The Bedroom
The bedroom is the one place in the home you should be able to relax fully and sleep well. It’s the place you spend an awful lot of time in, so it makes sense for it to be a place that you feel comfortable spending time in. It’s going to be so important for your health and wellbeing to know how to decorate your bedroom so that you get enough rest to face each day ahead of you, and it’s for that reason that we have got seven things that you should never have in your bedroom below:
- Electronics. Curling up in bed and scrolling through your phone like it’s the morning newspaper is a staple for a lot of folks, but it’s also something that can be quite damaging. Tablets, television, smartphones and laptops should all be left outside the room. Firstly, it’s tempting to use a device while it’s charging, which could set fire in the night. Secondly, blue light technology is actually stopping you from sleeping well, and you can read more about that here!
- Pets. You’ve just visited Mattress-Guides.net and purchased a brand-new mattress for your bed based off the reviews you have read. The last thing you need is your cat scratching it for sport. Or your dog shedding all over it. Pets can wake at odd hours and disturb your sleep cycle, so it’s best to leave them in the living room.
- Halogen Bulbs. When it comes to lightbulbs in the bedroom, halogen are the ones you want to leave behind. Go for LED bulbs, which are safer and won’t get hot enough to cause a fire in your home!
- Family Photos. The canvas you created are gorgeous, but they should be in the lounge where everyone can see them and in the hallway as you walk to bed every night. Family photos are beautiful, but they have the habit of reminding you of your obligations and can keep you up at night when you’re trying to rest.
- Portable Heaters. You should never leave a space heater unattended, so when you bring one into your bedroom, you’re tempting fate that you may fall asleep with it still running. It’s best to avoid the worry and just not bring one in to the bedroom at all. Trade up for a warmer bedding set instead and add an extra comforter.
- Clutter. Having an untidy space can create an untidy mind. Tidying your room every evening and making sure that you have a tidy bedroom to sleep in is going to help you to keep your bedroom a space for relaxation and sleep.
- Desks. You may not have a home office, but that doesn’t mean you should double up your bedroom as a place of work. Bedrooms are not for stress, but for sleep and it’s a place that you can avoid stressful activities – like work!
These seven tricks aren’t exhaustive, but it’s important that you know how you can create a bedroom space with the right atmosphere and not the wrong things!