I have always wanted a really beautiful hallway and sadly my reality is far from it. We have wooden floors, white walls and I that is about it. Oh, an old letter rack sits on a shelf with a battered old line phone and a couple of weary-looking boxes hold shoes by the front door. Sigh. Just not the welcome to my home look I am after. A mini makeover/intervention is required to make mine a beautiful hallway that really does invite people in.
So, what needs to be done?
- A beautiful houseplant would breathe some life and energy into our hallway and make it look fresh, I am thinking a big cheese plant rather a few diddy plants..lush and green and healthy.
- Wooden floors are beautiful but dusty and unloved they can look so tired. I need to give mine a good clean and wax so they shine for visitors.
- A fresh paint. I will keep our walls white because it makes the small space look bright but it has been a year of two now and a fresh lick of paint always brightens up an area.
- I would introduce a statement mirror. I have been searching for mirrors at LionsHome and found the beautiful mirror you can see above. Now wouldn’t that be a focal/talking point for your hallway? LionsHome is an online shopping portal which enables you to access a huge array of shops through just one search. It saves you a huge amount of time searching and shopping at individual stores do give it a try!
- A hardwearing mat that is welcoming and clean with a simple graphic such a star on even just a couple of stripes would be lovely and practical.
- I do like to keep a landline phone but I need a prettier one. Loving the teal old style look of the phone below.
- A great piece of art. I am a big art lover and I love,. fresh vibrant contemporary art that has a bit of a wow factor. This pop art magnet board is fun and practical and would look great by our front door.
How do you make your hallway look amazing? Would love to hear your tips and tricks.
Teal phone found on Amazon Launchpad and pop art magnet picture form Wayfair both found via LionsHome shopping portal
Pin for later…