Steps to a beautiful hallway and where to start.
I have always wanted a really beautiful hallway and sadly my reality is far from it. We have wooden floors, white walls and I that is about it. Oh, an old letter rack sits on a shelf with a battered old line phone and a couple of weary-looking boxes hold shoes by the front door. Sigh.
Just not the welcome to my home look I am after. A mini makeover/intervention is required to make mine a beautiful hallway that really does invite people in.
Steps to a beautiful hallway
So, what needs to be done?
- A beautiful houseplant would breathe some life and energy into our hallway and make it look fresh, I am thinking a big cheese plant rather a few diddy plants..lush and green and healthy.
- Wooden floors are beautiful but dusty and unloved they can look so tired. I need to give mine a good clean and wax so they shine for visitors.
- A fresh paint. I will keep our walls white because it makes the small space look bright but it has been a year of two now and a fresh lick of paint always brightens up an area.
- I would introduce a statement mirror. I have been searching for mirrors at LionsHome and found the beautiful mirror you can see above. Now wouldn’t that be a focal/talking point for your hallway? LionsHome is an online shopping portal which enables you to access a huge array of shops through just one search. It saves you a huge amount of time searching and shopping at individual stores do give it a try!
- A hardwearing mat that is welcoming and clean with a simple graphic such a star on even just a couple of stripes would be lovely and practical.
- I do like to keep a landline phone but I need a prettier one. Loving the teal old style look of the phone below.
- A great piece of art. I am a big art lover and I love,. fresh vibrant contemporary art that has a bit of a wow factor. This pop art magnet board is fun and practical and would look great by our front door.
Have you created a beautful hallway? I would love to hear your tips and tricks.
Teal phone found on Amazon Launchpad and pop art magnet picture form Wayfair both found via LionsHome shopping portal
Pin for later…
I hope you have enhjoyed my post on steps to a beautiful hallway