“Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
So you’ve decided to sell your house fast, and you can’t wait to buy a new home or re-invest the capital. However, you still need to close the deal successfully and ensure profit.
Putting up your property for sale can be a stressful task. You don’t want to wait for months to get an offer and neither can you compromise on ROI. So, if you are amongst those who are itching to sell their property faster then read on.
Here are some useful tips to increase the value of your property and sell it quickly.
- As the saying goes; the first impression is the last impression, holds true when planning to sell a property. Most of the buyers make up their mind as soon as they walk inside the property. So make sure that you spend some time “staging” up things. Ensure that your garden is well maintained. Good landscaping, a clean driveway, and freshly painted front door will also make the difference. For instance, you can fix up the exterior with hanging baskets, bedding flowers to add some colour and vibrancy.
- Cleanliness is godliness; so make sure that you clean each and every room of your property from top to bottom including the doors and windows. Bathrooms and Kitchen are the high impact areas so ensure that you focus on surfaces and floors. Make sure the Kitchen worktops are clear and space smells fresh and clean.
- De-clutter your home; clutter makes the home look disorganized and even small. So get rid of all the extra stuff which you have accumulated over the time to make the property look light and airy.
- A fresh coat of paint can do wonders and neutral colours always work as they make your home look brighter and bigger. It lets the potential buyer easily imagine how they would set up the house according to their preferences.
- Get all the repair work done before you show the property to potential buyers. That dripping tap, that hole in the wall and damaged carpet can give the wrong impression to buyers.
Last but not the least, when the potential buyer walks into your property, let them walk around the house freely with the estate agent. This will make them feel comfortable and they can take a look at each room at their own pace.
Pin for later ….