44 Foods have provided this gorgeous Vegetarian Shakshouka recipe for us today.
44 Foods is the UK’s fairest food delivery service, selling high-quality British produce, fish, meat, larder supplies and more in an ethical, sustainable way.
Ingredients: Vegetarian Shakshouka Recipe
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp sesame seeds
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
¼ tsp paprika
Salt & pepper
6 ripe tomatoes, diced or a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree
4 cacklebean eggs
50 ml natural yoghurt
Flat leaf parsley and coriander, roughly chopped
Serve with ciabatta loaf to mop up the juices
Method: Vegetarian Shakshouka Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan. Add the cumin and sesame seeds. When they begin to heat, add the onions, garlic, peppers and paprika. Cook until the vegetables collapse, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook over a moderate heat for five to eight minutes until much of the juice has evaporated.
- Make four pockets in the mixture in each quarter of the pan and break an egg into each pocket.
- Spoon over the yoghurt, put the lid on the pan and cook until the eggs have begun to set, but the yolks are still runny.
- Scatter over the parsley and coriander and serve with the ciabatta loaf.
I hope you have enjoyed this Vegetarian Shakshouka Recipe