How I am loving the Great Bloggers Bake Off – it is inspiring me to have a go at things I would never normally try and make. Huge thanks to Jenny from Mummy Mishaps our host!
Last week on Bake Off was bread week so I decided to try my hand at a fancy braided bread and have a go at walnut bread. Attempting bread at all was a bit scary it has literally been years since I made it.
I did love it though…all that kneading was very therapeutic. The smell of bread through your home too is just so absolutely lovely.
- 150 g walnuts
- 500g wholemeal bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp of yeast
- 350ml warm water
- 3 tbsp of walnut oil
- Mix flour salt yeast and sugar
- Stir water into flour then add the oil
- Knead well till the dough looks smooth
- Knead in the walnuts
- Leave in a warm place covered by a cloth for 1 hour
- Put dough on floured surface and re- knead
- Pull dough in 3 long strands and plait
- Cover and lave for 40 minutes
- Place on grease proof paper on baking tray
- Place in preheated oven 220 for 45 m