When corporate culture and business are considered, your first impression definitely matters a lot. That’s why focusing on your appearance is crucial. Starting from your grooming, and attire to accessories and of course, eyeglasses, everything plays a pivotal role in setting up your professional image. Women and men with glasses steal the thunder with utmost ease- this is a fact that can’t be overlooked at all. Apart from being highly functional possessions, glasses contribute to upgrading your style quotient.
In this detailed guide, we will explore the steps that are related to choosing glasses for a professional appearance. Stay tuned with us till the very end.
What Are the Basics to Consider While Choosing Glass Frames?
Let’s understand the basics in the first place before delving deeper:
- Consider Your Face Shape: While buying glasses, you need to consider your face shape and select frames For instance, round faces can be complemented with square or rectangular glasses. On the other hand, square-shaped faces look great when paired with round or oval glasses.
- Consider Colours: The frame colour you are willing to opt for should seamlessly harmonise with your hair colour, skin tone and personal style.
- Materials of the Frame: Glasses are available in a broad range of materials like metal, plastic or a pure blend of both options. Choosing the right material is important since it influences the feel and look of your glasses.
- Staying Comfortable Is Important: Paying attention to your appearance isn’t enough, you need to make sure whether the glasses are comfortable enough or not. Always opt for a home trial and invest in pairs that don’t cause discomfort and fit your face well.
Now, it’s time to scheme through the nitty gritty of selecting eyeglasses. Dig deeper.
Determine Your Face Shape
Various face shapes look good with different kinds of eyeglasses. Check out the pointers for a quick elaboration:
- Oval Face: Any type of glass will look good on oval faces. All you need to do is look for pairs that are absolutely proportionate to the face size.
- Square Face: These types of face shapes blend well with oval and round glasses. Do them and balance your look effortlessly.
- Round Face: Infuse structure and definition to your round face with glasses that are square or angular in shape.
- Heart-shaped Face: Heart-shaped faces look incredibly good with cat eyes or aviators.
- Rectangular Face: For rectangular face shapes, you can opt for oval and round frames. They add softness and balance out your strong angles.
Look for the Perfect Frame Size
The frame size is typically responsible for affecting the overall visual appeal and comfort factor. The guide to choosing the right size is:
- Width: The frame’s width should be similar to your face’s widest part.
- Bridge Width: The bridge of your pairs is supposed to sit comfortably on your face. They shouldn’t slide down or make you feel irritated.
- Temple Length: The temple of your frames should rest comfortably behind the ears.
Focus on Colour Selection and Frame Materials
Your professional image might be impacted based on the colours and materials of your glasses. Let’s break down the factors:
- Metal frames are considered to be understated and classic. They tend to reflect a sense of professionalism and tradition.
- Plastic frames are borderline trendy and modern. You can choose between a plethora of styles and colours.
- Mixed materials bestow you with a contemporary and unique look- it’s the best of both worlds.
- If you like bold colours, you can rely on maroons, deep blues and forest greens without having any second thoughts. These colours will help you achieve a professional look instead of making you appear overly flashy.
- On the other hand, neutral colours like brown, classic black or grey frames are extremely versatile. They gel well with your formal outfits.
- Individuals with cool-toned skin will look great in black, silver or jewel tones.
- If you have a warm tone, you can choose between warm metallics, tortoiseshell patterns or glasses with earthy tones.
Choose a Style
- Semi-rimless or Rimless Glasses are a great pick if you are willing to look minimalist and subtle.
- Incorporate a personal touch with frames that have unique embellishments and subtle textures.
- Statement-making and bold frames are generally thicker and maximalist in nature. You can always sport these glasses with confidence, given they align with your industry norms and personality.
To end with, choosing glasses for your professional image is a balance of comfort, style and personal expression. Consider these factors mentioned above and you will be able to make an informed decision in no time. Evolve as the capable and confident professional that you already are, and start shopping for your eyeglasses now. If you are looking for prescription pairs, jot down eyewear brands that deal with fast glasses. They make sure to deliver your frames as soon as possible.