Best Superfood Salad Recipe
delicious and nutritious!
- 1 cup Quinoa red and pearl
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Dash of olive oil
- 100g Tenderstem broccoli, blanched and refreshed in ice
- ½ a Shallot, chopped and sautéed in olive oil until soft
- 100g Edamame beans, blanched and refreshed
- 100g Kale, blanched and refreshed
- 50g Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup fresh orange juice reduced to glace
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- 75ml Olive oil
- Seasoning (Salt & Pepper as you please)
- ½ tsp honey
Place quinoa in saucepan adding in the stock and the dash of olive oil. Roughly mix together with a fork and bring to the boil before turning down to simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.If the quinoa has not expanded and appears to still be hard, add some more water and leave to simmer some more. We recommend using a fork to ‘fluff’ up your quinoa to get the desired texture.Top tip: Rinse the dry quinoa in a sieve before cooking, this will encourage the quinoa to expand and soak up the stock. To make the dressing first you’ll need to turn the orange juice into a glace, you can do this by adding the orange juice to a saucepan and gently boiling on a medium to high heat until a syrup like texture has formed.Once cool you will then need to whisk the orange glace, vinegar and honey together and begin to slowly add olive oil and seasoning. In a mixing bowl, toss quinoa, tenderstem broccoli, kale and edamame beans with citrus vinaigrette. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and you’re ready to serve.