Are you looking for lovely things to do, see and experience in the Lake District ?
I haven’t been for such a long time but my heart and head are full of memories from my time in the Lakes.
“You may leave the Lake District, but once you’ve been, it’ll never leave you…”
I visited with my best friend some 30 years ago and it still ranks as one of my most favourite places.
I just cannot wait to take my children there to see and experience one of the most gorgeous areas in England.
You may well want to ‘wander lonely as a cloud’ but there is so much more to the Lakes than Wordsworth’s poetic appreciation of the scenery.
Here is the most wonderful of lists, packed with ideas the whole family can enjoy…
- Visit the Gingerbread shop in Grasmere
- Walk up Catbells at Keswick
- Cycle from Great Langdale to Ambleside
- Visit Wray Castle by boat
- Climb Gummers How for gorgeous views of Windermere
- Open water swim in Lake Windermere
- Gorge scrambling at Stickle Ghyll
- Moonlight canoeing from Low Wray
- Climb the Old Man of Coniston
- Take a Steamer trip on Ullswater
- Walk in the TreeTops
- Hire a little rowing boat at Ambleside and have a paddle on Lake Windermere
- Visit the Beatrix Potter experience
- Eat Kendal Mint cake
- Visit Derwent Island House
and the best advice of all … Do take that time to stop, stand still, admire the view & drink in the beauty! Don’t be in a rush to fill your time with “things”
If you are looking for somewhere to stay then do take a look at the Good Life Lake District Cottages are a lovely range of cottages offering cottages that cater to large groups, luxury breaks, dog friendly holidays and families and so on. Whatever you need there will be a cottage base for you to explore this absolutely stunning area.