Earth day slogans can be brilliant for placards on marches, posters to hang in your window, jotting down in your journal to remind you to take action and perhaps even writing on a nature craft bookmark. Slogans are a great way to give sharp and insightful and powerful punch. We need to stand behind these s Earth day Slogans and put action behind them – after all
“The Earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
Earth Day Slogans
Here are some of my favourite Earth Day Slogans
- Clean up the earth; it’s the only home we have.
- Earth Laughs in Flowers – the sweetest of the earth day slogans
- Love the Earth: It’s The Only One We’ve Got.
- The Earth does not belong to us: we belong to the Earth.
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
- Rebirth our earth.
- Be part of the solution not the pollution
- Dare to be a Force of Nature.
- Make Everyday Earth Day.
- Nurture Nature – the simplest and strongest of the Earth Day Slogans
pin Earth Day Slogans and Activity Ideas for later
Earth day Slogans for your Emails!
I hope you make good use of these Earth Day Slogans or at the very least they give you pause for thought. Could you make one of them part of your emial signature and share the reminders these earth day slogans bring far and wide?
Earth Day Slogans and Activity Ideas
Eco quotes for Earth Day Slogans
- He that plants trees loves others beside himself. – Thomas Fuller
- We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. – Native American Proverb
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed. – Gandhi
- In a world of more than seven million people each of us ins only a drop in the bucket, But with enough drops we can fill any bucket . David Suzuki
- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. — John Muir
- Imagine if trees gave off Wi-Fi signals, we’d plant so many trees we’d save the planet. Too bad they only produce the oxygen we breathe.
- Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time. –Motto of the Baltimore Grotto
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” Jane Goodall
- “We have forgotten how to be good guests, how to walk lightly on the earth as its other creatures do.” Barbara Ward
- There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew. ‘-Marshall McLuhan
Earth day Activity Ideas
Earth Day Crafts
How about making a fabulous earth day bookmark. Head on over to Red Ted Art to find out how with hr simple step by step guide.
How about a litter pick, grab a pair of gloves, a litter picking stick if you have one and a bin liner. A couple of pasl too and away you go… so important for the wildlife to keep the earth litter free and oh my goodness how much better it looks .
Did you know the world spends 8 BILLION pound a year just cleaning up litter – juts think how much GOOD that money could do.
Nature art windows
Making a nature craft window is a totally lovely way to celebrate Earth day and something pretty to leave on your path or in the park for others to share too, using fallen flowers and leaves.
How to make it …
Collect four same -size sticks to use as a frame.
Make a square with the sticks then fill the inside with flowers and leaves, stones and shells to make a gorgeous picture.
Other nature art ideas could include:
- Making a little picture out of pebbles and leaving it on a path – a heart shape is simple and sweet
- Making a mandala of found nature objects
- making an earth day poster using some of the slogans above and decorating it with found nature treasures
An Earth day Challenge
Here is a little Earth Day challenge for you. This works well for kids, classrooms and even for adults as an act of self reflection.
You will need:
A journal and a can do attitude!
- First thing in the morning make a list of everything positive and respectful you have done for the environment the previous day and give yourself a mark out of 10. Then foccus all that day on doing better . doing more for the environment.
- Make a new list the next day and see if you beat your own score. I bet you did and I bet you feel really good about it.
Being environmentally aware and active can be fun and it amazing how much MORE you can do when you try.
You will be amazed how much HAPPIER being active about the environment makes you and your kids too
Why encourage eco-activism?
Steve Biddulph (child therpaist) says that being involved in activism has real mental health benefits, it helps kids turn ‘feelings of despair and helplessness into a feeling of empowerment.’
Research indicates that young people involved in taking action and speaking up in regard to causes they believe report greater levels of happiness and fulfillment than kids who don’t.
Nature crafts can be so much fun – take a look here o how to make a twig boat
So kids really can make a difference and doing so will help them feel more powerful and help develop stronger mental health.
Further reading on Earth Day Activities
For more eco-activties please check out my blog at Emotionally Healthy Kids and my books books Create Your Own Happy Create your own Kindness and Create Your Own Calm (6-12’s) and Be Happy Be You – a happiness boosting book for teens.
All my books are filled with ideas for kids to make the world a better place.
I love these ideas on how to celebrate Earth Day virtually too
Feeling helpless? Activate these Earth Day Slogans
And if you feel like whatever you do won’t be enough and that Earth Day Slogans are just talk – think again
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtfully committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. –Margaret Mead
Now go put those Earth Day Slogans into action