Lovely Things to do in Devon at Christmas
If you are looking to spend Christmas by the sea there really can be no better place to stay than Devon. There is so much to do in Devon at Christmas and it has to also be the very best place to do nothing- it is just so beautiful.
Festive things to do in Devon
Let’s have a look at 5 of the top things to do in Devon this Christmas – it is such a tempting place to visit:
1) The Polar Express is at Seaton Tramway at select dates over the Christmas period and it sounds such a sweet activity for families The tram is all specially decorated and take you to Santa’s home at the North Pole (sort of!) You get a hot chocolate, a delicious treat, a visit with Santa and a gift for kids. On the tram journey back you get to have a good old Christmas carol sing-along. Doesn’t that just sound properly magic? Under 3’s travel free and the trip lasts approximately 2 hours, You can book and find out much more about this trip here
2) Exeter Christmas Market – there are lovely Christmas markets to be found all over Devon and Exeter has one of the very best. Hosted on the beautiful cathedral green, Exeter Christmas market runs from Thursday 15th November 2018 – Sunday 16th December. It is open every day and has local and continental food, drinks, gifts, and crafts. Just the perfect place to get all stocked up with your Christmas goodies. Oh and do leave time to visit the Cathedral whilst you are there. I went this summer and it really is absolutely amazing.
3) Christmas at Arlington Court – Arlington Court is a beautiful national trust Property In Barnstaple. It is a Regency house set in a beautiful garden an impressive collection of horse-drawn carriages, They are putting on a Victorian Christmas display at Arlington Court this winter – with stunning decorations in the house, an outdoor festive trail and family crafts, including wreath making. Sounds very festive, doesn’t it. You can find out more about this here
4) Christmas at Kents Cavern – for a never to be forgotten Santa experience how about heading down a pre-historic cave to visit with him? This is far more than just a visit to Santa. It is an hour long Panto style adventure around the caves. Your ticket includes an hours performance, a visit with Santa plus a Christmas presents, mulled wine and mince pies – how fabulous!
5) Saltram House – throughout December rooms in the West Wing at Saltram House will be dressed with festive decorations on the theme of fairy tale favourites from Beauty and the Beast to Cinderella. You will also find a secret garden at Saltram and it is a wonderful place to run your dogs or have a bike ride.
Where to stay in Devon at Christmas
Devon is totally the place to visit for Christmas by the sea. The coastline and the moors and a myriad of amazing Christmas events make it just perfect for all the family. Discovery Holiday Homes have cottages all over Devon to suit everyone.
From romantic beach huts …
to farmhouses with log burners,
to cosy cottages on the edges of the moors.
These would make such lovely bases for a Christmas by the sea and there are so many gorgeous properties to choose from.
Ah so many lovely things to do in Devon at Christmas