How to be your most confident self – 25 ways to improve your confidence
Diamonds, gold, platinum might be some of the most expensive things in the world. But if there’s something more valuable than them, it is confidence. When you have it, you are definitely going to excel in life. If you don’t, then you certainly need to get it because apparently, it is your key to almost everything in life.
Do you have confidence in you – lets take a look today at confidence and why it is so very precious and then at how to be your most confident self
How To Be Your Most Confident Self – can we change how feel about ourselves?
But, confidence is not something you can buy off the shelves. It is natural for some people, while for others, it is a practice that demands time and effort. Nonetheless, there’s plenty you can do to improve your confidence. Here are some ways.
“Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.”
25 ways to improve your confidence (becuase there truly is always something you can do to improve things!)
“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong
- Challenge yourself every week. Do something hard, or something that you are afraid of.
- Give yourself affirmations. Remind yourself that you are more than capable, and you have it in you to do even the impossible.
- Do things that can help you to develop personally and professionally.
- Talk back to your negative thoughts. Overshadow them with the positive ones.
- Appreciate people and things around you. Be more grateful for what you already have.
- Recognise your short-comings and work on them. There’s a difference between flaws and short-comings. If you can change them to improve yourself, why give it a skip?
- Spend less time thinking, more time taking actions.
- Read inspirational books. But if reading is not your thing, you can watch inspiring videos as well.
- Surround yourself with confident people. The kind of people you surround yourself with reflects a lot about you.
- Rehearse in front of the mirror. Works best in case of stage fright or speech issues.
- Accept your imperfections. (Those which you cannot change)
- Stop caring about what people think. They will have an opinion anyway. It shouldn’t stop you from doing things or being yourself.
- Don’t try to be someone else. Instead, become the best version of who you are.
- Try to be more independent in life. When you do things without being dependent on people, it is a booster to your confidence.
- Never give up. Always keep on trying even if you fail multiple times. You’ll succeed in the end.
- Stay away from toxic ideologies and toxic people. In fact, boycott toxic popular culture if you have to. It includes movies or books that only glorify toxic ideologies.
- Make a list of things you are good at. Let them be your daily reminders.
- Never settle for less. If you think you deserve better things, don’t hesitate to ask for them.
- Always stand up for yourself and other people. Don’t care what others think. There’s nothing wrong with refusing to take shit from people.
- Uphold constructive criticism. Do not take everything as hate. Some opinions are just feedback that can help you improve yourself.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes. Normalize them. Instead, focus on finding solutions to rectify them. Remember, to err is to be human. Therefore, learn from your mistake. Making mistakes is not a big deal. Accept that.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. There are always going to be better people than you and there will be people better than those better ones. Instead, focus on becoming a better version of yourself.
- Never hesitate to put your opinions in front of the world. Always speak your mind.
- Don’t be negative. Embrace positivity.
- Improve your posture. Surprising isn’t it? According to research, standing with your back straight can make you feel more confident.
“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.”
How to be your most confident self
Everything demands consistency, so does building confidence. It’s a process, and it will take time. You may lose motivation at times, but this is when you need to hold on. You need to envision your future confident self and push yourself.
It is not going to be easy, but you got this!
After all, you can do anything you set your mind to so why not focus on being your most confident self
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” Marianne Williamson
Please get in touch and lets discuss how to be your most confident self
Hey there! How are you? We would love to catch up with you and hear your thoughts. Feel free to drop them in the comments below. We are waiting for you!
Further reading on how to be your most confident self
I ahve some further resources for you here becuase I want you to keep focussed ont his goal. It matters greatly just as you matter greatly. I have confidence in you, you see.
For children who need to learn to be their most confident self I would like to recommend my book Create Your Own Happy – it is jam packed with confidence boosters for kids really fun activities and a dollop of science too
You might also like to read this article for adults on how to be more confident
How To Be Your Most Confident Self – do the work, do the reading, making it a goal. It seriously will change your life for the better